Friday, January 14, 2011

Bring on the Warm Weather



Snow pelted the region during the season's second big storm

Born and spent my school years on Long Island in NY.  Have been an import of Texas for a few decades now and have not missed that cold air and large amounts of that white stuff (think it starts with an "S") that falls from the sky.  Past few days I have been staying indoors occasionally running outside and quickly back indoors like a squirrel scurrying across the yard from tree to tree. Today was not bad so I ventured outdoors for a ground breaking and joint meeting.  Glad to see it will be warming up some and not too soon for my Texas blood. 

Watching the news today I heard there was another case of possible suicide involving a helicopter pilot .  The pilot identified as Mr. Stice, 42 and from Weatherford, TX  landed in the middle of nowhere and was found dead in the helicopter with no signs of trauma.  Think it could have been worse if he decided to kill himself like the airplane pilot in Austin a few years back. Hate to see someone get so down that they resolve to take their own life and leaving family and friends with an unanswered question as to why it happened.  Seems like reports of suicide is becoming daily news.


Still converting family VHS collection to DVDs and its becoming very time consuming.

1 comment:

stinkypaw said...

For living on the other side of your borders (read Canada), I have to say I could do without that "s" stuff. It's nice and all, but as I get older I much prefer to have my feet in flip flops rather than boots!

Suicide seems to be a part of life for many, sad but a reality nonetheless.