Saturday, January 29, 2011

About To Get Crazy In DFW Area This Week


In case you haven't heard there is a Super Bowl going on next Sunday in Arlington (Not Dallas) Texas next week.  For those of you not familiar with the layout Arlington, TX is in between "Big D" (Dallas) and "Cowtown" (Fort Worth) so both cities will be partying down taking in the revenue from no price too much visitors.  Prices have already started to get ridiculous in the surrounding areas.  Parking from $100 up to $1000, people renting their homes for $6000 a week and Super Bowl parties every where all day long.  Nothing better for a cities economy than a Super Bowl.  Down side is traffic is already horrible with "Steeler Nation" and "Cheese Heads" arriving daily.  As a side note nothing looks more ridiculous than someone wearing a slab of cheese as a hat.  I am sure the fans sitting behind them also appreciate looking at the cheese head too.  No matter who you are pulling for the winners are the host cities and their economy.  I myself will be returning from Galveston that day and plan to watch the game in the comfort of my media room.  I like most people attending the game who have paid thousands for their tickets will be watching the game on a big screen.  Most people that attend a game at the "Death Star" Cowboys Stadium spend more time looking at the massive 60 yard long big screen than at the field.  The difference is I will not have to wait in line at the bathrooms and my food and beverages will be considerably less.  Guess its worth saying I was there even though the players looked like ants. For those attending, enjoy the experience and thanks for the boost in our economy.  

3 comments:

BB-Idaho said...

Born and raised in Wisconsin many decades back. Now lessee here, there is a cheese head someplace in the back of the closet....

Anonymous said...

Guess you will be looking for it come Sunday. Should be a good game, Good Luck. Just wondering if the cheese heads are fashioned after cheddar or another type of cheese. Hmmm!

Kara Hoag said...

No way! I mean, there are people out there who would make attending the super bowl a more important priority than being there when their child is born.

I know, I saw the commercials.

visions unto myself