Sunday, October 31, 2010

The End Of An Muscle Car Giant

Pontiac, maker of muscle cars, ends after 84 years

Being of the "Baby Boomer" generation I grew up in the muscle car era and loved the power and sound of the the cars back in the day.  You had your Chevy Camaro, Chevelle, Nova and Vettes.  Ford had its Mustang/Shelby and Torino's. Mopar lovers had Charger/Super Bee and Barracuda's.  My favorite was Pontiac's GTO, Trans Am and Grand Prix's. Have owned a few GTO's over the year and still own a 68 Convertible that I enjoy on nice days. I am saddened to see this day come and the Pontiac Arrow Head insignia come to the end of the road.  Pontiac brand may be gone  but the GOAT's will live on.

2 comments:

Christy said...

My first thought was the GOAT when it was announced there would be no more Pontiac. And who could forget that black Trans Am from "Smokey and the Bandit"? Cool cars.

YM said...

I am here to tell you, GTO bucket seats were NOT comfortable when trying to sit next to your sweetie.
It was a cool car, though, wish we'd kept it.