Monday, November 1, 2010

Fabulous Monday

Loving the cool mornings and perfect days.

Nice 80th party for my Mom on Saturday with her sister and my sister/family flying in from Maryland and New Hampshire for a surprise. We gave her a quilt with digital pictures of all seven kids, spouses and grand kids arranged in squares.  Turned out very nice and she loved.

On a good note my sisters husband who has been out of work for past four months got a good job offer at TD America down here and the family may be moving back down.  Decision time is today.

Today its more planting of pansies, mums and other assorted flowers that I bought on Friday.  Think I over did it but the compliments keep coming from the neighbors.  Starting a new bed by the "Man Cave" wall for some color.  My spymaster neighbor asked if I was fulfilling my gayness side.  Ah no, as I flexed my bicep and said I was off to the gym later to stay balanced.  Got turned on to gardening earlier in the year and must say its very relaxing and satisfying when plants or shrubs are thriving.

Got a call from a childhood friend late last week saying he will be in town this week and asked to meet for lunch. Stopped in to say hello to his mother during high school reunion trip and got his cell number and touched base with him. Turns out he frequents the DFW area for his accounting job quite often thus the recent call. Small world!


I grew up on Long Island in a community that all the neighbors knew each other and had weekend get gatherings and the kids all played together.  We would stay out late and play block tag or baseball and football on the streets after school.  Miss those days of childhood freedom.
 
Sports Update looking grim
Cowboys looking horrible and appear to have thrown the towel in.  Good Bye Wade Phillips. Need some discipline on that team.
 
Rangers..not giving up but not looking good.  Even if they lose they should hang their head high it was a great season. 
 
Mavericks... just getting started
 
Nascar this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway and noticed campers already setup on Saturday on the way out to the ranch.  Sorry not a fan of watching cars go round and round hoping for a crash. Note to self, avoid area this weekend.

No comments: