Thursday, December 16, 2010

"gogo gumbo!" Lives up to Reviews


Have always heard compliments from the locals about how good gogo gumbo! is in Boyd, TX.  Heck even the local NBC news affiliate Channel 5 paid them a visit and did a segment giving them rave reviews.  Well I finally made it out there tonight and had the "TV Dinner" that consist of 4 samplers: crab cake w/slaw, salad, shrimp w/grits, and I went with the seafood and crab gumbo. All were excellent and the service was the best.  The decor is similar to the much talked about "Babes".  Very down to earth and clean.  I received another bonus while there from their small book library area that contains mostly culinary reads. 

Add caption
 Book is by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney.  Just read about the first 50 pages on my blood type "O" and it was right on regarding the food groups I need to eat or stay away from to reduce weight or stay fit.  My blood type should stay away from wheat and dairy products. I should eat 6 oz of red and eat fish.  It also went on to say that Type "O" people minimize anything with high acidity levels and focus more on items with alkaline.  All in all it was good stuff and agrees with what I have done to drop over 45 pounds since May. It even calls out for walks for 30-45 minutes 5x a week which I have been doing.  On the flip side it also confirmed why I was not losing weight in the past with the diet and workout I was doing.  Guess what Santa is bringing me?

No comments: