Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back to Coolness in North Texas

After a week of pretty much perfect weather I awoke to dreary overcast and cool temperatures this morning that are expected for this time of year.  Last week I was able to get in some good trail riding on the horse while enjoying the beautiful weather. Worked on taxes a few days and that was a beat down but a must do process. Yesterday my community had the semi annual garage sale, as usual the streets were impassable with visitors stopping in the middle of the road when something caught their eye.  Every year I dread the traffic and people parking on both sides making the roads one way causing road blocks when cars come from either way. Ventured out to meet family at Joe's Crab Shack in Dallas for a late lunch which took me on Hwy 114 that was totally closed for new overpass construction.  A normal 20 minute trip took almost an hour going down side roads and miles out of the way.  On the way back the traffic was backed up for miles with Southlake's finest handing out tickets for those cutting across the median to avoid traffic backups. What would that traffic violation be called?  Lately I have been getting back in to the workout routine pretty heavy and yesterday was more than usual due to guilt of stopping at Braum's for a treat after Joe's Crab Shack. Went for 4 mile walk then 4 mile run on treadmill to finish off with a P90X Stretching video.  Love that video, all feels good afterwards.

On another topic this past week we lost Dame Elizabeth Taylor and past VP candidate Geraldine Ferraro.  Both made an impact in our world and will be remembered.

Still trying to figure out why my gadgets and widgets do not display any more on my Blog.  Anyone have a solution?

4 comments:

The Griper said...

your widgets seem to show up in your individuals pages but not on your main page.

Echoes said...

Still looking at code to see why there is nothing on home page. Very mysterious

BB-Idaho said...

RE: "Went for 4 mile walk then 4 mile run on treadmill to finish off with a P90X Stretching video." Impressive! My treadmill puts up with about 2 miles and then announces, "Get off, fatty!"

Echoes said...

BB ... Funny! I used to be in to heavy weight lifting until as I got older my weight went up about 10 lbs with every year after 35. Started just walking last year and dropped about 50 lbs in 5 months. Started getting back to the weights again but not heavy more reps for toning and I find stretching afterwards a big plus.