Monday, September 27, 2010

Car Dealers, BLAH!!

After nice morning walk I headed to local Chevy Dealer for some warranty work on my transport vehicle.  What should only take maximum 30 minutes was going to be a 4 hour held hostage scenario at the dealer. I opted to bring back later and pick up in the morning.  Hate dealers and the patented reply from Service Advisors who most of the time do not squat about cars, "Can you leave it for 3-4 hours" or "We will have to put it on the computer".  Cracks me up that before all this computer crap was added a qualified mechanic could have your car up in running in an hour most of the time.  In todays world if you have an intermittent problem and it does not compute you are sh*t out of luck until your car breaks down. Glad its a warranty issue too or I would be paying $107 and hours for some person to chase a problem that does not come up on his magic box. Think I will go out to my garage and look at my "ole GTO" and thank God for simplicity.

Mechanic Humor
The Dumb Mechanic

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "It's open!"

To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side.'

Submitted by Carrie from http://butlerwebs.com/jokes/automotive.htm

No comments: